For quite some time now, granite has been the preferred choice for luxury countertops for Tulsa homes. Granite is still a popular choice, however, now that new materials are starting to make an appearance and prove their worthiness, some Tulsa home builders are going with alternative choices.
Trying to decide which one is right for your new home construction? Your personal taste plays a huge role in choosing what will work best for you, in addition to what you’re expecting out of the countertops and your budget.
Parker Built Homes, the premier home builder serving the Tulsa and surrounding towns, has a few things you might want to consider in order to make an informed decision.
- Granite isn’t cheap but it is very durable. Granite has been such a popular choice due to its appeal and durability. It comes with a fairly high price due to the fact that it’s quarried and has unique stones. Not to mention it’s resistance to staining, scratching and burning; this is a good advantage for a kitchen. However, to uphold the durability of granite it’s important that you seal it each year to protect it.
- Soapstone is an alternative with a similar price. Soapstone is something you’ll find in laboratory classrooms and is very durable. Granite has a glossy finish so if you want something with less gloss, soapstone is a good choice. Unfortunately, soapstone isn’t resistant to staining or scratching and will also darken over time.
- If you want a cost-effective option consider a solid surface countertop. Acrylic polymer and natural materials create a man-made durable solid surface. Because it’s nonporous you won’t have any trouble repairing it if it gets scratched or stained.
- A more affordable option is tile. Tile can be appealing too but can also be harder to keep it clean due to the grout. We recommend using dark-colored grout to reduce the appearance of staining.
- Green, eco-friendly countertop options are also available. If you prefer ‘green’ options that are friendly to the environment, consider countertops made of concrete, recycled glass, salvaged wood and even bamboo. All of these choices will provide a stylish, modern look for your Tulsa home. Innovative options continue to develop every year with manufacturers making countertops from recycled paper or even stainless steel. While these might be ‘green’ options, their durability might not be suitable for your needs so keep this in mind.
Parker Built Homes has continued to gain the trust of Tulsa homeowners for many years. They take pride in what they do and provide quality service. Whether you desire to choose from innovative designs or want only superior craftsmanship, Parker Built Homes is at your service.